Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday: Books I Want to Read

So I decided to deviate from the standard "fill the blank" Ten on Tuesday and just do a list of things I want to do because I am a huge list person.  


During the semester, I don't make time to read "recreational" books (basically, anything besides a textbook). With the summer approaching, I want to be armed with a list of books I want to read this summer. I am a voracious reader (and eventually would dream to have a library in my house), but haven't read quite a few of the "classics." I think it will be good to have this list of staple books and then intersperse some "lighter" reading as well...


So, here is my top ten books I want to read this summer (in no order):
  1. The Bible (cover to cover)
  2. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  4. Beloved by Toni Morrison
  5. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  6. On the Road by Jack Kerouac 
  7. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  8. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  9. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  10. The Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
Gawh, this list could go on and on. There are so many classics I haven't read--Moby Dick, Uncle Tom's Cabin, My Fair Lady, etc--so I'm sure there will be addendums to this list...


Anyone have any suggestions to add to this or any feedback on the books I picked?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of those books sound great!! Hope your having a wonderful day! xoxo

Dollface said...

Those are all classics. I read clockwork orange, very strange.... but I am excited to see you plow through your list! xxoo

Tara said...

I love love LOVE Pride and Prejudice! Your list is going to make for a fun summer...hopefully of reading and relaxing. Enjoy the books!

Sabrina said...

The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Readers, Twilight Series, The Lovely Bones, 5 People You Meet in Heaven, To Kill a Mockingbird, Animal Farm, God is Dead

Lauren said...

Thanks Sabrina. I have read all of those--except A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Readers, and God Is Dead--and love them so it sounds like we have similar reading taste. I will add those to my list!

JMB said...

5 People You Meet in Heaven was a good book, I read it a couple years ago....AND The Time Travelers Wife (should be higher than #9 - if you are going in order that is haha -because I could not put that book down!) It is better than the movie - if you saw the movie! ; )

I know how it feels to not be able to read good books throughout the semester because all you study is law, law, law! It looks like I will be graduating with my paralegal degree the same semester your graduate with your law degree - we need to become FRIENDS! haha

Post a Comment