Tuesday, May 11, 2010

All the Trimmings

I had awful insomnia last week, but I realized how much time I spend sleeping and how much I could accomplish in that time (okay, so I'm nerdy and immediately kept thinking of the Cullens).

So, at night, instead of just laying in bed looking at the ceiling, I pulled out the paints and painted all the trim and doors in the upstairs hallway and bathroom and painted two of the guest rooms. It felt good to be productive, and wore me out enough to finally sleep. 

Trim before (it was the same color as the walls and had been "touched up" in a different color):


Trim and doors (and hallway) after:
 
I forgot to take before shots of the guestrooms, but they were the same color as hallway. 

The grey guestroom (paint color is "slate" from Restoration Hardware):

The blue guestroom (the "nonflash" picture didn't turn out, sorry the color with the flash is kind of weird--it actually just blends to the bedding). The color is called "November Sky". I had enough color left from when I painted our bathroom to paint another one of the bedrooms:

It feels good to have actual guest rooms that are painted and finished.  And it feels good to finally get some rest!

5 comments:

Kerr said...

Very impressive! I have been wanting to paint but I am intimidated by the whole thing. Love the "slate" color

Danielle said...

I think I'd die if I ever had insomnia! I'm such a sleeper.

Love all the colors. The hallway looks so much crisper!

Jamie said...

I love the grey guest room! Such a pretty color :)

JMB said...

You go girl! And here it was hard for me to roll out of the bed this morning: I was sleeping soooo good....Love the color selections!! I also have Breaking Dawn in my purse for when work doesn't get too busy, which is pretty much 6 hours out of the entire 8 hour work day!

sara said...

Looks great, talk about making good use of your time! Still laughing over your reference to everyone's favorite vampire family. :)

Post a Comment