Friday, May 28, 2010

Housewife of the Year Award

According to my husband goes to me.

So I may or may not have tried to be good and cut back on our dry cleaning bill by washing a sweater that states it can be machine washed on the tag with our other darks.  The sweater may or may not have shedded all over hubby's polo shirt (to the point it looked like it had been our cat and dog's blanket for 10 years).  I may or may not have tried to hide it and grab the lint roller quickly to try to de-fuzz the polo, at which point my hubby may or may not have come upstairs and seen 2 used sheets of lint roller on the floor, a filthy sweater, and me frantically trying to fix the situation.   And he may or may not have laughed hysterically and told me just to wash it again becuase there clearly weren't going to be enough lint roller sheets on the roll. 

My favorite part: hubby suggested that wanted to make a blog to share my awful house-wife skills (I'll admit, he does have some good stories--I didn't know how to do dishes, laundry, or basically anything when we got married and had some pretty funny attempts at learning) and would entitle this post "Is she serious?" and just put a picture of up of the filthy sweater hanging in his closet (fyi, there is no such picture, otherwise I would have included it in this post, I promise). We were literally laughing for hours about how fuzzy his shirt was from the measley sweater. 

I know he was clearly kidding about blogging, but I had never thought about my husband having a blog or what he would even blog about (besides his addiction to watches).  Cam reads mine and occasionally takes photographs that he deems "blog worthy," but he isn't really involved in my blog at all, so I never think of him even reading my blog. I would love to read a blog he did, so I may make him do some "guest" postings on here if he would be so willing.  What would your husbands blog about? Are they involved at all in your blog? Would you want your husband blogging?

4 comments:

Jill said...

That has so happened to me before. My husband isn't much on blogging/writing. He's more of a numbers kind of guy ;)

Danielle said...

At least you're trying to learn! We all had to start somewhere.

My husband diligently reads my blog but when I've asked him about making a guest post he looks at me like I'm crazy. He's a great writer though and I'm afraid he'd put me to shame so perhaps I should just leave well enough alone!

Anonymous said...

I love funny stories like this. I am going to be a terrible "housewife" (in quotes because I plan on having a high powered career too) someday. It's awesome to know that you are a good wife and have learned how to do stuff around the house and love your husband, but that you are also in law school. I hope that will be me someday. Although maybe law school before marriage since the man prospects are....dim right now. Girl power!

I've never had a serious relationship so I can't comment on husbands/bfs on the blog, but I know my family usually reads. My sister likes it a lot, but my parents think I reveal too much and waste my time! Silly parents.

Okay, this comment is an essay and I don't even know you. Sorry. Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Good thing you're going to be a lawyer, little sis. ;-)

Post a Comment