Okay, I'm going to quit apologizing for my blogging absence. First week of work = busy and long hours with all the training.
This picture was one of our biggest inspirations. We loved the look of the light tile with the ivory cabinets and light countertops. So, with this in mind, this is what we picked out for our kitchen remodel plans (work begins officially in a few weeks):
Our kitchen is generally shaped like this one above. Right now, we have no island, so we will be building one to fit our space.
First we are removing our current soffit lighting and putting in can lights into our ceiling. We are refinishing the tops of our cabinets.

Building a new cabinet to expand to the ceiling to cover our vent and putting crown moulding on the top of the cabinets. Also, we are building an island with an eat-in style breakfast bar.
Our granite we have purchased is called "river gold". It is very light with a light swirl of greys and golds, so it blends well with our current tile. Once the island is built, we will have the granite countertops and backsplash installed.
We have purchased pendant lighting that is similar in shape to this (three lights on a track)....
...but they are stainless like the two above and have these style holes in the sides to expose more light.
I picked up this piece of art yesterday. It is a large metal copper piece with a patina-ed diagonal stripe. We will likely turn it on its side so it would be horizontal instead of vertical. I absolutely adore it in our bedroom with our bedding, so I may end up eventually moving it up there. But, Cam hasn't seen it yet, so he may veto it when he gets back in town today.
We have this faucet from Delta (with a pull out style spout to act as a hose).
We also have picked out this Elkay sink because we wanted to still have the two bowls but wanted one to be much larger than the second so one can be for washing and the other for rinsing. It also is extra deep and a flush undermount style with a sound deadening system, so it is large but quiet. The faucet will be angled in the dip down section above the smaller bowl.
Any suggestions or feedback? We are still looking for barstools. Our kitchen table may not blend, but we are going to try to keep our current table if we can. I may re-finish our chairs to blend more with the color scheme.










6 comments:
I think you have some good inspiration above! I love that white french country look :) We've been in this house for a good 8 months now and I still haven't found barstools either! All the ones I find are too short!
I LOVE that granite you picked out for the island! And I love all the lighting and the ivory color! If I come across any cute bar stools I will send them your way! You would be surprised what you can find anywhere. I saw really amazing bar stools at someones house that looked expensive (BIG LOTS!)
I am in love with your inspiration photo! So very french country. I can't wait to see your finished kitchen!
I would be SOSOSO excited for a remodel...please post pictures of the progress, I love before and after shots.
Gorgeous pictures! I love all of the finishes that you all are thinking of implementing in your design - and I LOVE that granite choice!
I love all of your inspiration kitchens! They are right on point with my style and make me long for the day when I might be able to redo my kitchen. Keep us posted on your progress.
Post a Comment