Monday, May 17, 2010

Working Woman

Sorry for the late day post, but today was the first day of being a working (er...interning) woman.  Although today was mostly orientation, meet and greet, and eating, it still felt good to be productive and seeing the possibility that I may earn a paycheck and that I'm not just paying an institution tens of thousands of dollars for nothing. I think I have a wonderful summer ahead of me--everyone seems great to work with.  


Mom had taken me shopping this week to get new work pieces. We went to the Talbot's outlet here and I was pretty impressed with what we got for the price.  


I got: one swing jacket in this swing style cut, but in toile print....
This boat neck sweater in heather grey....

...and two silk tops, two cardigans, and a dress. 


She also picked up these nude pumps for me (on left), which I am beyond excited for this season: 
 


I also filled out scholarship papers for next year today, so fingers crossed! Ugh. I wish money didn't rule the world. Until then, I'll be slaving away....

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Love the jacket! So cute :)

Danielle said...

Looks like you're off to a good start with some good basics - Talbot's is good for that. Love the shoes! Good luck with your internship too.

JMB said...

Congrats on the internship! I have my internship for my paralegal degree this coming fall semester for a family law attorney (family law is my very favorite type of law) so I may be looking to you for advice and guidance! I am loving that boatneck sweater!

d.a.r. said...

Talbots has some ridiculously cute stuff out right now!! Hope your internship goes well :)

Tree Hugging Attorney said...

My internship starts on Monday. I'm so nervous. I move to DC on Friday. Yikes. However, I LOVE the new heels you got - and will join you in nude shoe bliss. :)

Jill said...

Hooray for new clothes! :) I love shopping (ahem, too much). I need to hop on over to that Talbots in Hamburg one of these days. I always forget it is there.

Post a Comment