Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Ali and Robbie's Wedding

Cam and I went to one of my good friend's weddings this past weekend in Louisville.  They had a full catholic wedding, followed by the reception at Locust Grove. It was beautiful and so fun, but Lord was it hot! 

Pictures from the "alternative rehearsal dinner" (all of us got together on Friday for pizza and beer and then met up with the bridal party afterward at the bar).

Outside of the church:
At Locust Grove:
They hung pictures of their guests in the trees. here is one of Cam and I (and there is one in the picture above of me eating ice cream). It was a neat touch to walk through the trees to the tent and find a picture of yourself (symbolic of the people who shaped their journey, of course, because she's deep like that).
I loved this one of Ali and Robbie (the bride and groom).
So apparently I'm just his guest?!
Bridesmaid dresses were calypso tie dresses, so each girl could tie it however she wanted
Sparkler send off.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

What a beautiful wedding! I love the dress you wore to it and the brides dress :) So pretty!

Katherine said...

beautiful bride!

Danielle said...

Looks like everyone had a blast! I love the tent decorations - simple yet elegant. Great idea with the pictures on the clothes line thing too.

BA said...

So pretty! I'm loving your Wedding Wednesdays :)

bride4life said...

Pretty wedding....yeah the place card should of said "Mr and Mrs Cameron (Last name)"

Lawrence Family said...

I went to a wedding reception last weekend and they used sunflowers... I am thinking that is the big trend this summer for weddings!

Lauren said...

oh i didn't care about the place card saying "and guest"--it was just funny that it had Cam's name and not mine as the main invitee because I went to high school with her and Cam's only met her a few times through me. Our friends got a big kick out of it though

JMB said...

I love her wedding dress! And I loved the idea for the pictures of the guests hanging on the clothes line!

sara said...

What a fun wedding! The bride's dress was stunning, and I love the guest photo idea. Looks like you all had a blast, but I bet it was HOT!

Post a Comment