Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Gift Ideas

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I've been outlining and studying away, but--story of my life--I didn't get as much done over the break as I wanted.  Oh well, I spent time with family, so it was worth it. Once  I catch my breath from all this studying, I promise I'll get back to more regular posting.


For now, I just wanted to do a quick post and share a few holiday gift ideas/deals with everyone.


First is an awesome deal from one of my favorite stores: Brookstone. Not only do they have unique gifts and enough gadgets that you can always find gifts for men who have everything, they have tons of christmas decor items to deck the halls for the holidays. 


Personally, I'm loving: 
Cordless LED 2 Foot Pre-Lit Walkway Christmas Tree (I'm thinking these would be perfect in our porch urns)


Tranquil Moments Sleep Sound Therapy (I would love to go to sleep to the sound of a thunderstorm or ocean every night)

 Heated Jackets (I can't think of a more ideal invention for the chilly fall/winter football games)
 
Once you find the perfect gift(s), you can save $10 on any online purchase of $70 or more. Just put in the discount code: 22SAVE.  You're welcome :)


The second gift idea is the online auction that Lexington Habitat for Humanity is holding, with all profits going to benefit local home builds.  The auction is called Bids for Builds and we collected various donations from around the community.  Many of the items are activities--such as private wine tastings for up to 20; a flight lesson with Officer Don; having Thai Orchard's chef cook a meal for 6 at your home; a private tour of Darley horse farm and then tickets to Keeneland; a bourbon barrel and a behind the scene tour of Woodford; UK basketball weekend: tickets, a dinner out, and a hotel room downtown; gym memberships; creating and naming a sandwich at 6 Friend's Cafe; and various gift certificates around town. Please check it out if you haven't already!  I can't say enough good things about Lexington's Habitat chapter and this is a great way knock out your christmas shopping list while supporting such an awesome charity.

5 comments:

Dollface said...

Love your gift ideas... !!! very cute little protable trees, hahah xxooo

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I ALWAYS forget about Brookstone- thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

I love the Tranquil Moments Sleep Sound Therapy... the heated jacket would be a great gift for my mother in law 2 be, she is always freezing.

d.a.r. said...

Brookstone is always my go-to when I need to get my husband (or father!) something for Christmas.

Elisa said...

a heated jacket? I want one for myself!

Post a Comment