Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday: We Want Prenup, We Want Prenup!

In class today we discussed prenupital agreements, and we also talked about some bizarre (yet real, valid, and legally enforceable) prenup clauses. 

Can you imagine that trying to be the attorney having to sell these prenup clauses to the other spouse? Ouch...

1) Husband may only watch football with friends one Sunday a month. 

2) The mother-in-law is not allowed to spend the night at their home.  

3) The husband has to pay $10,000 from his separate account each time he was rude to the mother-in-law. 

4) The wife cannot weigh more than 120 pounds. If she goes over this weight by even a pound, she must pay a penalty of $100,000 from her separate account. 

5) The husband is subject to random drug testing. If he tests positive, he must pay a penalty of $100,000 form his separate account. If he tests positive for cocaine, he does not get a dime in a divorce. 

6) The husband does not have to go on any family vacations with his in-laws. 

7) The wife is entitled to all frequent-flier miles if the husband is unfaithful. 

8) The wife of an LA laker basketball player is entitled to season Lakers tickets for her entire family in the event of divorce. Because who doesn't want to watch your ex-hubby play every game of basketball? 

9) Every time the husband is unfaithful, the wife receives a $100,000 "bonus."

10) In an unusual agreement a couple has with her parents, if the couple split within ten years of their marriage, they have to pay her father back for the cost of their wedding (almost $40,000).  

8 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Sadly, these do not seem all that bizarre to me. While they are certainly unique, I suppose at least they are talking about these issues before the wedding? Haha!

Practicing law is strange.

Kerr said...

wow. I dont even know what to say to some of those!

Lea Liz said...

whoa!

JMB said...

Now #4 is a little out there wouldn't you agree? I mean what if you were feeling like peanut butter that night? MANNN....

Mayyyybe you and Cam should have drafted a pre-nup with a few of your own clauses! haha
If I had been sitting in class I would have been guilty of thinking of things that annoy you haha EVEN though I am sure Cam is as perfect as they come :) Aren't they all? haha

I need to find a way to post this on Facebook to get feedback!! haha

Dollface said...

very unconventional but i love it!!! hahaha xxxooo

Dana said...

I wish my parents had written a clause like the last one for my skanky sister in law. Since they paid for their entire wedding and 18 months later she left my brother.

Anonymous said...

Wow! If someone has to randomly drug test their husband, then it probably means he's not being honest, thus, she probably shouldn't be married to him in the first place, lol!

sara said...

Number 4 - seriously? WTF?

Post a Comment