Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back from the Arctic (So I Post Pictures of Our Living Room)

Okay, not really the Arctic, it just felt like the Arctic.  It was Alaska/Canada, and we were about 250 miles away from the Arctic Circle, which is plenty close for me. Let's be real, it was definitely cold enough. Still, it was beyond amazing.

We are sifting through our over 1,000 pictures--so I promise that as soon as we go narrow them down, I'll share them. Until then, here are a few more pictures of our home: 

Before: Yes, that is mauve/deep red trim, shelves and fireplace with dark off-white walls. To me, this makes it all look super busy and dark. Not our style at all.

Please ignore the little fact that none of our furniture matches because well, it still doesn't match as that's a whole other remodel down the hopefully soon road.  We have the pieces picked out and it's our next big home adventure.  We hope to have the money saved up by next year so that we can complete this room.   

For now, let's all just enjoy the paint, because it made one heck of a difference.



Covering everything to paint the walls
After of the fireplace: Porter Paints Eidelweiss trim, Wheat Sheaf walls, and Ceiling White ceiling.
The concrete around fireplace was cracked and had to be repaired, so it was painted black to hide the repair work and to pop (and the framing around the picture is getting painted black tomorrow to match).
The built-in shelving was also the same red. I wanted it to blend more and not compete as much with the reddish hardwood floors, so it was also painted the trim color Eidelweiss (a warmer grey white).  I am really pleased with how this room has turned out: much more modern, simple, and light.

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Man! This paint job really does make a HUGE difference! I love it!

Jamie said...

It's looking great! I love the painting above the fireplace :)

Brrr...y'all sure were a long way from home!

Elisa said...

wow! Lauren what a difference a touch of paint will do to the feel of the room! When we are ready to buy our home, I will have to consult with you, you really have an eye for interior design. I really like the colors on that painting. it is yours?

can't wait to see your photos of your arctic vacation.
so sorry about your voice, hope you are doing better!

Post a Comment