The people who owned the house before us had a Colonial/Shaker taste that was clearly reflected in the color scheme. Cam and I knew the bathrooms walls were the first things to be changed as they were, ahem, a bit busy for our taste.
Exhibit A: our bathroom:
Exhibit B: The first floor bathroom:
Just so we're clear, that is NOT wallpaper. That has actually be hand-stenciled. Yes, stenciled. By a person. With their hand. All up and down my bathroom walls. Also, they mixed chrome and brass a lot in this bathroom. The door knob, toilet lever, and window hardware are chrome. The light fixture, faucet and stopper, and light switch are brass. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. But, the clearly more pressing concern is paint because the bathroom is newer. Sigh, the bathroom renovation will be saved for another day--the paint is a big step for now.
Here's the after of the downstairs bathroom's paint (we've hung the mirror back up since):
Here's ours bathroom with the wallpaper stripped:
And the final product with the paint and shelves/hooks back up:




7 comments:
That stenciling cracks me up! Nice work so far! =)
That's a lot of wallpaper/stenciling! I remember looking at your house on LBAR before you even mentioned it and thinking that it needed to be updated. It's amazing what a coat of paint will do because it looks 100x better already!
Love the color you picked! Very spa-like
Your bathroom looks great witht he wall paper down and paitned!! I love the shutters!!!
I stumbled upon your blog this afternoon, and have so enjoyed it! I am also a Kentucky girl (from Danville). I'm excited to watch the progress on your home and to find out about your results from the Bar exam!
Yikes! That wallpaper is crazy! Y'all did a great job updating the bathroom :)
wow that's a lot of work put in by the previous . owners. If the bathroom looks like that, I'm sure it's the same in other parts of the house. Lot of work ahead of you, but you have good taste my dear and I'm sure the final product will be phenomenal.
glad to see your surgery went well.
and that tearoom/dressing up with your niece adorable!
have a wonderful weekend Lauren!
Post a Comment