A friend recently told me about the website Skin Deep, where you can look up the ingredients to basically any cosmetic/beauty product and the website rates these ingredients on a "safety rating." This rating is based on a 0-10 score, with 0 containing no harmful ingredients and 10 being the worst for you. You moms out there--they also score children's products as well.
Ever since I found out about this website I've been looking up all my products just to give me a sense of what I'm putting on my body. I'm not 100% sold on this yet, but I am thinking it wouldn't hurt to switch to the safer products on a few of these. For example, some body lotions surprised me. Having a healthier lotion is more important to me (probably because I literally lather them everywhere almost everyday). Here was what I found:
1. Jergen's Natural Glow was rated a 7. Yes, I knew self-tanner wasn't probably good for you, to be a HIGH health concern?!
2. Lubriderm Daily Moisturizer was ALSO rated a 7. This shocked me. Lubriderm claims to be made by dermatologists for healthy skin and containing ingredients naturally found in the body. Hmmm...
3. Aveeno's Daily Moisturizer is a 2. To me, Aveeno feels comparable to Lubriderm, is about the same price, and can easily be found everywhere. I'm definitely switching to this one.
Have a successfully freaked you out yet? Hahah! Again, I'm not sure where I stand with this and I'm definitely not ready to throw out all my make up, but I think switching a few things may be in order and I think it's interesting enough to pass along.
Thoughts?





1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this site! Who knew lotion had harmful ingredients? It just goes to show you how much we really don't know when it comes to things we put on or in our bodies.
Post a Comment