Friday, August 7, 2009

$10 Half Day Makeover

With nothing else to do, I've was inspired by HGTV's $100 Half Day Makeovers. So:

BEFORE:
AFTER:
Not quite a complete makeover, but I think it looks a lot better and brighter for spending about $10 and one half of my day.

Cam didn't want me to actually paint the shelves because he was concerned we can never stain it back to match the wooden beams and trim. But, I thought all the wood made the room seem dated and dark.

So, I bought a piece of very thin wood and got it cut to be the exact size of the shelves. I painted the wood the color of our walls with the extra paint.
Luckily, the shelves are detachable and had space in the back to fit the wood behind it. I took the shelves apart and placed the painted wood in place and put the shelves back in place. Ignore the books and chair.
Now, if only I can talk Cam into the red leather furniture I want...and if it only cost $10 as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment