Sunday, August 16, 2009

Going Green

We (er...Cam's mother and I) painted our bedroom green this weekend. We both loved the brown, but with brown furniture and brown bedding it just got to be too much brown--I was ready for some color.


Our bedroom in brown without a flash...

and other side (still Brown) with a flash.

My good friend Aubrey was so generous to share her discount at Sherwin Williams with me and I got Sherwin Williams' Koi Pond.

The color is very true to the sample.



We also switched the furniture around. The room feels substantially larger and brighter now from the combination. Cam isn't completely sold on the color, but I think it is growing on him. He wanted a darker olive, and Koi Pond is more sage.


New color without flash (plus Ritz blending in with the bedding)...

...and with flash.

Carla and I decided to see what old lamps would look like if they were painted the same color. I will probably go get a kelly green and blue paint and do some sort of abstract design on them and see how they turn out. I saw something similar in a shop in Midway and loved it. Either way, I like them better painted than before.

Lamp before up close.


One lamp painted with the Koi Pond paint.


Let me know if you like the color: I have a gallon left over so I can get it mixed darker and change it if it's bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment