Friday, August 28, 2009

Wine and...Fish??

My two good friends from high school came in town Sunday to see me before they move to France for the year (did I mention how jealous I am!?). It was great to see them they came bearing gifts: orange juice for mimosas and a (living and swimming, not a cracker) goldfish.
Cam found a great home for the fish--a beer stein.

He (or she) seems pretty hardy--its been almost a week and fish is still successfully swimming (without being spotted by the cat yet).

After finding the fish a bowl (er, beer stein) to live in, we went to Talon Winery.

It is such a gorgeous, picturesque winery. Actually, Cam and I wanted to get married there when we initially were planning a Lexington wedding but it was too small to accommodate all of our guests. Instead of doing the wine tasting, we just got a bottle of their Chambourcin wine and enjoyed it while walking around on the grounds.

The three of us posing with the grapes.


A close up of the grapes.

We came back to the house and polished off a bottle of champagne with mimosas. It was great to spend the afternoon together--I will miss them so much while they are in France! Perhaps Cam and I can head over to Europe soon and visit them in France and then see his brother Ryan in Germany and Klaus and Erika in Switzerland. Hmm..here's to wishful thinking (and an unlimited budget and vacation days to do that)...

1 comment:

AMB said...

Awww Lauren I miss you too! That day was so much fun! Great pics!

Come visit!!!! Good luck as a 2L!

Post a Comment