Monday, April 19, 2010

April Showers...

...Bring June Weddings.

I co-hosted a couples shower Saturday at a local winery for our very good friends, Ceci and Joe. 
Photo from Talon Winery's website
 
 We did a private tasting for 20 in the tasting room and brought food to go with the tasting.  Here's the food spread Julie and I made for the shower (sorry I was too busy to take pictures before people started eating, oops). 
 We made sangria, tea, bruschetta, a cheese board, a bean dip, guacamole, tortellini, spinach dip, fresh fruit and fruit dip, and brought Gigi's cupcakes for dessert. When I have more time, I'll post recipes in a future post. Everyone seemed to have a good time and enjoyed the wine tasting. My personal favorite at Talon: Equestrian Series.  I generally prefer Talon's reds to their whites, and this limited edition red was fabulous.

We are so excited for Joe and Ceci's wedding and couldn't be happier to have such good friends.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I need to add Talon to my to-do list :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! Looks like the food was a hit! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

sara said...

How fun! We had our wedding reception at Talon, it's just beautiful out there!

Dollface said...

Omg that looks amazing and delish!! xxooo

Baby Momma said...

I've never been to Talon and it's just right down the road! Everything looks great!

Danielle said...

I have a friend having her reception there next year. I've also volunteered to host a shower for her so I'll anxiously await some of your recipes!

Liz said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I really missed being there, but can't wait for the wedding! I'm sure everything went wonderfully! :)

Post a Comment