I decided to a twist on Top Ten Tuesday again and do a "Top Ten Things I Can't Live Without in My ____." This week I've decided to focus on the essentials in my purse.
First, about the bag:
I tend to change bags rather often, but right now I am carrying a Vineyard Vines UK large tote or a Vineyard Vines Theta large tote. I was ?am? a Theta in undergrad and it is a tradition that greek girls carry everything in specific lettered tote bags, so I prefer to have a tote.
A peek inside my bag:
1. My Macbook. Seriously, it's my life-vein for all things law school. I take all my notes, create my outlines, and take my finals on the macbook. Plus, there is nothing more valuable than being able to surf the internet when a law class becomes beyond boring.
2. Umbrella. Nothing is worse than getting out of a long day of classes only to discover there is a monsoon just in time for you to trek to your car. I leave an umbrella in my bag at all times and it has come in handy on multiple occasions. Also, I love the Vera Bradley paisley print to brighten up a rainy day.
3. Advil. I always carry Advil or Ibuprofen in my bag in case of a headache or migrane.
4. Chapstick and Lotion. I always carry chapstick with me, whether it is Burt's Bees or Softlips. Restroom soaps can be so drying on my hands and it is shorts season (eek, I always have dry legs) so lotion is also a necessity.
5. My Wallet. My wallet broke last year and I've just been sporting this wristlet as a wallet. It works well in that it is small enough to fit in another purse easily, or I can just use it as a purse if I'm running in somewhere quickly. Eventually though, I will have to break down and have a big-girl wallet. Until then...
6. My Crackberry. Honestly, I'd love to switch to a iPhone, but I'm rather hooked on playing brickbreaker to fill up those moments of boredom.Of course, mine has a UK blue skin cover.
7. Concealer (Benefit Boi-ing). I adore this concealer--great coverage, small container, and a the little mirror so you can touch up anywhere.
8. Hand Sanitizer. The ultimate necessity to combat when interview season (and thus shaking tons of grimy hands) meets cold and flu season. Or just to combat every day life.
9. Sunglasses. May it's sunny, or maybe i'm just covering up my extremely red, itchy eyes from my awful allergies. Behind these babies, you'll never know.
10. Camera. I am absolutely lusting a Canon Rebel, but until then, this little pocket camera is fine to capture "on the go" style shots. Before we have kids though, I will make a Rebel mine...
What are some things ya'll can't live without in your purses? I think mine are fairly simple and traditional.













8 comments:
Totally agree with you on the Rebel - especially the timing you mentioned. You really won't be sorry! And of course I love your UK Vineyard Vines tote!!
My carmex!!! cant leave without that or my blackberry, xxxooo
I agree with pretty much everything on your list :)
And have to say, I love my Rebel. I don't have kids but I have a dog and she makes a great subject for it. They are so fun (and make me look like I can "sort of" take pictures!)!!
How fun!! I carry everything but the kitchen sink in my purse..haha
We need to trade BB PIN's! Hope your having a great day! xoxo
I had a blackberry for a while and played Brick Breaker NON STOP! My Hubby still has one and plays it all the time too! haha...it's addictive!
Trust me, you'll love the iPhone, even without brickbreaker! This is random but I always seem to have a mechanical pencil and a highlighter in my purse. Along with all the normal stuff! :) As for the camera--I have a Canon 30D and even though I love it, I certainly can't live without my little "purse camera."
Too funny, when I had the BlackBerry, I played brickbreaker all the time! You'll love the iPhone, though. And you must get the Rebel - I love mine and it is definitely one of my things I can't live without. :)
Post a Comment