Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm Alive and Well

 So damn easy to say that life's so hard
Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me I'd like to thank my lucky stars that 
I'm alive and well

And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I'm alive and well
I'm alive and well

No one said can say it better than Kenny and Dave, I swear.  Okay, so I'm not "officially" done with finals, but I have survived the hardest finals thus far (I only have professional responsibility left. Yes, law students have to take--and pass--a class on ethics. It is shocking, I know).  I don't know why, but I feel like every final is like a battle I am left all day to recover from the shell-shock.

Honestly, I took an exam at 1:30 and got out at 5:00 on Wednesday.  I had absolutely NO idea why there was so much traffic on the way home because I honest to God thought it was noon.  That is pitiful; I am pitiful. 

After my big evidence exam today, I broke down and turned the TV on for the first time in a week, broke out the wine, haven't gotten off the couch, and surely haven't looked at an outline or flash card. And let me tell you, it feels so good to just be mindless for a few hours.  

My last exam is on Tuesday. I need to sit down and muster up the strength to study again this weekend and buckle back down--but that can start tomorrow, right

I just need one day of sanity, I don't think that's not to much to ask. 


In other news, my wonderful husband planted all of our annuals and our garden yesterday for us.  We decided to do red flowers this year. For annuals he put in wave petunias, begonias, and chrysanthemums.  We also now have a blueberry bush, tomatoes, jalapenos, bell peppers, and cucumbers, as well as quite a few herbs. He was wonderful and cut all new flower beds in the back, so I think we may do boxwoods and knock out roses to  finish out the landscaping in the back.  I'll promise to take pictures (if when I get off the couch). I am so thankful for him-he's wonderful to me!

Next week, I am planning on painting our guest room(s?) this restoration hardware color (slate, which is the same color they have on the store walls) and then paint the trim upstairs.
If I get uber-motivated, I may paint our other guest room a nice blue color. I've love to paint my bedroom a darker olive green or deep golden yellow, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. I feel like my life often boils down to the fact that I have so many plans, yet so little time (and money and motivation). Ugh. 


I promise to be back to regular blogging after this final on Tuesday--I honestly miss it! I absolutely cannot wait until this summer and to officially be in my third (and final) year.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE that song! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jill said...

I've been missing ya but figured you had a lot going on with your exams. I hope you get to enjoy a little bit of relaxing time--you deserve it. Good luck with your next exam!

Post a Comment