Today, while taking the dog outside, I noticed some grass growing in our sidewalk.
Of course, I immediately get frustrated, thinking this grass can grow everywhere else but in our yard. I bend down to yank it up, but notice this:
A stray four-leaf clover growing at the end of the patch of grass. As I went to grab the camera, I realized that God has a plan for us and gives us such beautiful gifts every day, regardless of whether we see it or not. I honestly felt such extreme comfort from that clover that finals would be fine and the never-ending job search would go okay because God has a plan for me.
Okay, so let's be real, it wasn't this quiet inner peace. Actually, it was more of inner thoughts while I'm yelling at the dog that the clover isn't a treat and she's not allowed to eat it.
I immediately wanted to press this clover in my Evidence book, because, let's be real, that will be by far my worst final. But, I decided I wanted to leave myself, and this clover, in God's hands. I opened the Bible towards the back and placed the clover in it.
As I was taking this picture, I glanced at the passage around the clover and was stunned.
In case you can't read it, it says: "Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again--rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceed anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." I immediately started to well up with tears.
I am Catholic and have always been around religion as I went to Catholic schools growing up, but I am
My new mantra that I will try to live by: quit worrying, start praying.


8 comments:
What a nice sentiment, thanks for sharing!
Thanks for your post. Just what I needed this morning (: God has such a funny, unique way of speaking to us. Good luck with your finals and enjoy your time getting to know Him better and better!
that clover is gorgeous... its so amazing to find something in nature and know that everything will be all right!!! xxxooo
How awesome! I share your sentiments. Good luck :)
I like your mantra and it's one that I need to adopt as well. Someone was definitely trying to tell you something yesterday!
This was a beautiful post. I'm Catholic myself, and sometimes I see myself straying from the religious person I want to be. Here's to both of us growing closer to God!! <3
Wow, it is so amazing how God works. Love it. :-)
Post a Comment