I had one of those amazingly awesome days yesterday where everything was just perfect. I got all the classes I needed/wanted, my presentation went fine (i.e., I didn't fall on my face or vomit), I am going to be able to re-arrange my finals so that I am done earlier (hooray!), a legal article I wrote was selected for publication by the journal, got some good feedback from a professor about my projects thus far, and I topped the day off with a good ole Gigi's cupcake after dinner with Cam.
Don't you just love the feeling of a good day?! Today I have to take hubby to the airport (he's going back to FL, not that I'm jealous or anything), and I just hate that super-lonely feeling of a quiet house. But, pulling up the big girl panties and going to use this opportunity (of loneliness) to try to a lot done for finals.
Now, I'll stop rambling and get on to the wedding part of the post:

Tops-in-Lex (a local scene magazine) used one of our wedding photos again in their recent wedding special (the top right photo). We made the KFC baskets for our out-of-town guests (they received the basket at check-in at the hotel) and filled them with Kentucky things. People absolutely loved the baskets, so I thought I'd share what was in the basket and how I threw them together. They would be great for out-of-town Derby guests or really for any visitors.
First, I actually just went to my local KFC and asked for their large bucket. I ended up needing about 60 of them, so KFC charged me about 5¢ or 10¢ each (no big deal--a couple bucks). I think smaller quantities are free though. Each basket had:
A thank you note on this equestrian-themed Crane's stationery.
Two Ale 8-Ones (a local ginger ale)
2 waters (with the above damask label with our name and monogram I created using this file [click to download it]).
Two "Luck in Kentucky" Kizito cookies (local cookie maker in Louisville).
Two Kenny's Gourmet Popcorn bags (cajun flavored--my favorite!)
A "lucky" horseshoe that was used by a horse at Churchill (and then cleaned by me).
I used this basket filler in a goldenrod color before I placed each item in. I ordered the cellophane covering from Nashville Wraps as well and then tied each with some ribbon from Hobby Lobby (you can always find it is 50% off there at least a few times a month).
Our wedding had a general KY feel so the baskets fit in perfectly. Also, quite a few of our guests had never been to Kentucky, so we wanted to give them a warm "Kentucky" welcome for traveling so far. We gave out Derby glassed filled with bourbon balls at our rehearsal dinner, but bourbon balls would be a great addition to this basket.








4 comments:
These are super creative!!! I hope I come up with something good for mine, xxooo
Love that idea for a wedding gift! I think I saw these pics in Tops in Lex come to think of it. Good luck being home alone...I HATE being in a house alone...in fact...I spent my 1st night alone EVER back in Decemeber (that's right at the ripe old age of 23). I was a big scardy cat...but I've done it a lot since then and am okay with it now! Check this out:
http://thenitzfamily.blogspot.com/2009/12/home-alone.html
I remember seeing your KFC buckets in TOPS and thinking they were so creative and unique! I love them! :) It's funny you mentioned Gigi's...I'm still at the office but was thinking about going home that way just to get a cupcake :)
What a creative idea - and what a wonderful day you had yesterday, got to love it when those happen!
Post a Comment