Our yard is having an terrible, horrible, no good, very bad spring. We have tons of dead patches, weeds and thinning patches. We plan on getting a lawn service to come out probably starting this fall (i.e. Katherine, we will probably be calling Ben's company to come spruce up our yard), but we need to do something before then.
After spending more money than I care to discuss, we have re-seeded our yard.
Welcome to our home, EZ Seed. We hope you like it here--enough to stay around!! We are thinking this is the last hope for our absolutely dead spots under the trees and where pup uses the bathroom and thus kills the grass. It claims to grow in concrete so I'm hoping we won't manage to find a way kill it off. We also put down regular grass seed in the thinner spots, so hopefully we will have a lush, green yard.
I registered for classes yesterday. I got into the Innocence Project--I am really excited about this externship. Basically, inmates with serious prison terms will apply to have their case re-investigated. We do the field work, interviews, etc and make a determination on the case as to whether the organization should petition to have their case re-opened. In the few short years my school has participated, our students have gotten three inmates exonerated. I don't want to do criminal law, but I think this sort of thing is so interesting so I am so excited to be a part of the Innocence Project. We only register for half of our classes at once, and I'm a little nervous about getting into my other classes I want/need. Keep your fingers crossed for me next week!
Last night was rather quiet. We did our monthly big grocery shopping, so our pantry and fridge are overflowing with yummy food. I was a medicine fog from overdosing on allergy medicine all day, so I went to bed early. While I slept, C's buddy came over for a few beers on the deck. C is off to Keeneland for the day and I have to go do law school stuff at the court house. (fantastic, right?) If the weather clears up, we may have a few drinks around the firepit tonight.
Countdown is on: only three weeks until finals (15 days of classes) and then 5 weeks until the freedom that is Summer!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Good luck with the yard, and feeling better from allergies. If our plan doesn't work I might be calling "just lovely" as well! You are brave doing that externship--I'd be too much of a pansy! :)
Post a Comment