Saturday, March 20, 2010

Life's a Beach

Latest vacation pictures from our *tear* last day. It was the best weather yet, so we went down to the beach and stayed in a tiki hut.

We loved how the flags on our chair said "Paradise Found"--it was an omen from the post yesterday.  

We took a long walk on the beach and found these beautiful shells. We also saw a baby (one foot and one half long) hammerhead shark.  I also accidentally stepped (with both feet) on the head/body of a huge jellyfish, but somehow managed not to get stung.  Clearly, I'm a lucky girl. I do feel bad that I think I killed it, but we saw about 10 and they have stung me before as a child, so I'm not too upset. 
 
The lobby has beautiful clear columns that are filled with jellyfish. I like them a lot more behind glass than I do under my feet.


I got a little fire red and its killing me burnt, so we headed in and then went up to the smaller pool this evening and hung out in the shade until it was time to watch the CATS!


Cam, I, his mom and his stepdad all cheered on the CATS against Wake. We could not have asked for a more fabulous game. We are ready to take on the winner of Cornell/Wisconsin. My bracket is going down with Villanova and Kansas losing, but I am absolutely LOVIN' my cats!





A view of the sunset from the screened-in lanai. 

What a great end to a great vacation! Why do we have to go back to real life? Le Sigh.

3 comments:

sara said...

Looks like a wonderful last day in paradise! What about those Cats? It was a great game, and I can't believe that Kansas lost!!

Anonymous said...

Was that a game or what?! I would have loved to have been catching it from your locale! On the bright side (sorta?) we are having some lovely weather here at home. Hopefully it will stick around for you!!

d.a.r. said...

Gorgeous pictures!!!

Post a Comment