Thanks google.
I should have known it was an awful sign when they tell us to use the restroom before we board the plane because the flight will be extremely bumpy for the supposed hour to Charlotte. The plane is basically a puddle jumper and we didn't have a smooth single moment. I fly rather often and have never once before have I had to place my head between my knees to keep from getting sick. We were flying through a thunderstorm that was literally red on the weather map. I have never understood why they put a vomit bag in everyone's seat until that flight. Absolutely awful.
We were unable to land in Charlotte because of bad weather and had to widely circling the area, until they tell us we are running out of fuel are going to have to unexpectedly "recovery" land in Columbia, SC.
Let me just tell you, nothing good in my life has ever come out of Columbia, SC.
We sat on the plane in Columbia forever, waiting for fuel, doing paperwork and just general hassle because of our unexpected recovery landing. We spent 5 hours on what should have been a 1 hour flight. Because of this, we missed our connection but the stewardess told us we were automatically being re-routed. I called anyway to confirm we had seats on another flight. I am so thankful I did--US Air had no idea our flight had been diverted to Columbia and that we were not Charlotte. Did I mention this encompassed dinner time and they did not have any food--not even peanuts--on board? Needless to say, everyone was very grouchy.
We finally take off and get to Charlotte. Thank goodness the last flight out had also been majorly delayed and our call from the Columbia runway secured us the last seats on that plane. We didn't get in to FL until 3 AM, but at least we are here. And alive.
Let the vacation begin! It can only get better from here, right?
and of course, let's get some revenge boys today over the Vols. GO CATS!



2 comments:
Thanks for checking out my blog, and sending your condolences on the loss of my grandfather. Your blog is very cute, I love your all's wedding pictures from TOPS! Have a good time in Florida!
What a ride!How scary! Glad you arrived to your final destination, safe and sound.
Have a wonderful time!
Post a Comment