Saturday, March 6, 2010

A New Woman

Ethics portion of the bar: COMPLETE. hopefully. Fingers crossed I didn't fail and have to retake it in March. I will say, it was not an easy test. Now a five-week waiting process. 

The rest of my Friday and Saturday have also been eventful. On Friday, I got a call that I had been selected for a medical study on seasonal allergies. After Claritin became ineffective last year, I was more than willing to participate in this study. 

 

I went into the test facility, where drew blood and they irritated my skin with different allergens. After five minutes, I developed rashing/welt combination and they had to wash off all the allergens because I was so allergic to ragweed. Beautiful. Pending my blood results, I clearly passed the test.

It was slightly distracting today during the test because I still have extremely itchy rash on my arm. I have never done any medical studies, but it seems like a fine way to make some extra money and get treated for my awful allergies, as long as they don't turn me purple. 

Cam and I also got our hair cut (and mine colored).  We look and feel like a new couple! Cam got his hair cut shorter, like it was at our wedding.  I went blonder for the spring.  I'll post pictures once we take some. 
Also, Mom and I went shopping at Sephora and ended up with quite the loot, especially of Laura Mercier:


Our purchase includes some good finds: Laura Mercier foundation powder, Dior DiorShow Mascara, Sephora Flashy Eyeliner, Sephora Pure Nautral Believer Eyeshadow Palette, Sephora Age Prevention Moisturizer, and the Sephora Yellow Poppy Bag.  I am so excited to finally have some make up--I am running low on almost everything right now. My mom is the absolute best :) 
What are your favorite make up staples? I am excited to try my new stuff, but I don't think I could live without Benefit Benetint. It is an absolute must have for me.  

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

I just found your blog, too cute!! I remember the Ethics portion of the bar...ick! Congrats on being done with it!!

Post a Comment