We were house-sitting for two different families while they were out of town this past week so we have been running all over the city checking on the houses. One is a gorgeous horse farm (actually where took our engagement pictures) and two of the mares just had foals. Seriously, does it get any more Kentucky than this?
Being around these racehorses just made me so excited for Keeneland in a month and for Spring in general. I have been rather bitter towards the idea of horses since I began an equine law class this semester because a thesis paper is looming over my head. These beautiful babies helped me to snap out of that quickly.
On our way home, we stopped by a bulk store and decided to try to buy groceries for the month rather than go every week. We managed to overflow the giant grocery cart and as we went to check out we started to panic--it seems like every item you throw in the car is at least 10 bucks. Luckily, we stayed under $200 even though we purchased pricier items like cleaning staples. Our fridge, freezer and pantry are literally overflowing. This is definitely what we plan on doing every month now and just getting a few things from the grocery store every week that don't make sense to buy in bulk (i doubt the two of us will use 2 gallons of mayonnaise any time soon).
Every bin is absolutely overflowing--it is wonderful to actually have food in the house! Hopefully in all this food I can actually find an inspiration to start cooking.
Much love,
Lauren


2 comments:
the bulk store...?
do you mean sam's... I need to go buy in bulk, we go every 2wks or more
I plead the fifth amendment here, bahaha. My family is very anti-Wal-Mart (and thus Sam's), so I shouldn't admit or deny the which bulk grocery store we go to. okay, okay, I admit I have started to shop at Sam's, I'm awful. Dad, don't kill me. I promise to switch if we get Costco.
Post a Comment